Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Haze of a night...

There are a number of reasons why I have chosen to reside in the city of sin, the neon capital, the 24 hour town.. Las Vegas. Yet, I am always reminded on a weekend night of why I love this city. There is always something great to do!

As I became lethargic on my girlfriend's sofa late in the saturday afternoon I decided to contemplate what my mood would be like for the evening. Then, something slowly began to creep into my mind; City Center.

I was at City center earlier that week for a private launch party for a release of Hardy Perfection Cognac inside one of the tower suites which was extremely elegant and high tech of course; I think that event is what kept me itching for more.... so I decided to take my bite.

We fancied up, shined our shoes and off we went. Surprisingly there was not much traffic and it seemed slow in the hotel for a Saturday night; a month after opening? It is hard to tell though whether it was lacking the population it needs to sustain itself or if the vastness of the area allowed everyone ample space.

We made a stop inside the gold lounge in the second level just outside of the Elvis theater for a cocktail. I appreciated the layout of the space, allowing room for us to sit down yet it was a smaller area then I imagined; however with only four drinks on their cocktail list we left disappointed. After running into a dear friend, Pearce Cleaveland, who just took over the marketing for Haze nightclub was gracious enough to walk us straight in.

There was a monstrous line outside of the club! It seems that Timbaland was about to perform on stage. We paraded into the club and immediately felt a different vibe unlike all the other clubs in town. The space was huge, with a upstairs balcony reaching across the entire club. A huge dance floor and multiple rooms, human mermaids and lights or balloons. It was unreal; but nothing short of what I suspected would come. Aside from a poor performance from a seemingly ordinary hip hop artist. Haze was an awakening to a tired town of popping the bottles and getting down.

- Robbie WoW

No comments:

Classic Cocktail Series: The Pear Martini